
That is my new saying. And really, I should be sleeping, but how can I when I feel so neglectful of my blog.
I want to share with you how I feel. Except I wish you to truly FEEL how I do in this moment....Hum, try to describe, well I feel 'bitter-sweet'. Let me xplain, before you role your eyes and think I am ungrateful. I feel the bitter taste of grief in knowing our sweet birth-mom is suffering. A sense of sadness overwhelms me when I remember her words as we left the hospital "please take care of my son". In a way I am grieving for her, shedding tears for her, I have such a deep compassion inside for her. So yes, this is a bitter taste. She has placed with me someone who she truly loves. She trusts that we too will love him. She had only 3 days with him and she has given us forever. Thank you. What follows is definitely sweet. I am in love. My heart exploded when Barec came into the world. It could not hold the love that I hold for him. He is my sweetness: sneezes when he is changed, squeaks when he eats, chews his hands when he hungry, and snorts when he's upset. He smells like dinner rolls and feels like them too, he was worth all the fertility troubles, long cries, pain, time, and more. He is now our everything our sweet joy.
8 comments:
It looks like you are having so much fun dressing him up! He is so cute Jules.
And I truly can't imagine what it is like to go through adoption - on either end. But I am so glad you finally got your little blessing from Heaven. You'll do a great job taking care of him.
I LOVE those little chicken legs in the Christmas socks!
I am also thankful to Barec's birth mother for making you and Ryan parents! You are amazing people and deserve the joy of parenthood.
He is adorable!
OH, he's unfolding! HIs eyes are open and everything. So cute...I'm glad you're posting.
Hi- I am a friend of Dulcie's and I ran across your blog from theirs-- Congrats on your new bundle of joy-- I have to sisters who both have adopted and I know what a great and spiritual experience that is for you! Congrats again-- I know that both your birthmother and your family will be blessed for having that sweet baby in your life.
Thanks for sharing! I love to hear from the heart of other mothers!!!
-rebecca
He's adorable! I'm so happy for you guys! :)
Hey I was wondering if you would like to do a guest blog post for my Infertility blog.
I would want it to talk about a personal experience if possible and share tips for those looking to adopt, struggling with infertility, and what other readers can do to help.
Please let me know if you are interested.
Thanks!
Dawn-Marie
http://ldsinfertility.blogspot.com/
maggiemoo2005@gmail.com
He is just precious! I'm sure growing like a weed...hope you're getting a little bit more sleep...it does get better ;-)
Post a Comment