Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I am DONE!!!!!


Okay so I have a million blogs in my mind so I will just start where I feel comfortable.

I have been missing in action the past couple of weeks because I was racing through my finals week of school, my final week of getting stuff completed for my degree, and turning in all my finals! and I have finally finished! Over the past three years, I have managed to work full time in various positions, go to school full time, train for half marathons, teach 4 year olds on Sunday, visit family, hang out with friends, and tried to support my husband through his Ph.D.. Not only that but I had to wrestle with personal struggles, self doubt, and the constant fear that I was going to explode from overheating because I was doing so much.

In review I can tell you that it was very hard and I don't want to repeat that experience again. Seriously. There were things that I gave up or did poorly because of my penchant for doing too much. I missed out on time with my best friend Ryan and I kind of just zombied through my other relationships. But enough of focusing on the what I missed.

I am so grateful to my husband, L. and J., E. and all of my family in laws for their constant calls and support when I was a pooper. I am thankful to my friends who called when I couldn't and cheered me on. I am beyond thankful to my mother, sister, and M. (C's wife) for their calls and support as well. I truly never thought I would ever get this far. Wow...I am sounding like an Oscar's speech but I just can't help but be grateful. I am beyond thankful to my Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. For giving me strength to get out of bed in the morning, for giving me peace when I was struggling and for giving me the opportunity to do what I wanted to do.

I can't express enough the appreciation and love I have for my family and friends who have really helped me along the way. Thank you!

7 comments:

Bridget Beth said...

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Juliana! You did it! I am so totally beyond proud of you. I've been think about you non stop and can't WAIT to hear where all this hard work takes you in life.

I still can't believe the Juliana I first met is the Juliana I know today. You have accomplished so much! God has truly blessed you with determination and a sparkling energetic spirit and you have not let those gifts go to waste!

I love you, girl! I can't wait for JUNE!

Shelley said...

Jules, what are you going to do with all of your free time?! ;) J/K...I know life keeps on going. But being done with school is the best feeling ever. It has a unique kind of stress that is nice to get rid of. I am so glad you made it through all of that alive and kicking! I am grateful for all you have learned though...your advice and help has been invaluable to me! You're the best and I love ya!

Anonymous said...

Juls-

Congrats!!! Wow, I am so impressed and awed! I don't know how you do it, but I pray every day to have a fraction of the energy you have. You are truly an inspiration to me, and you deserve everything wonderful that is to come. I can't even begin to express how proud I am to know you and be your friend.

Take a load off lady!

Love.

Jess

Ola said...

You did an amazing job and I'm so proud of you.... But now I'm thinking since you forgot about me in you Oscar speech, if we should be friends.... Mmmmm.... Tough one... :)
Love ya!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! Im glad for our phone calls and you amaze me with all that you have accomplished! Way to go :)!

Hoosier Mama said...

A big congrats! I keep checking your blog hoping for something new and yeah! i am glad you are back in business! So what are your plans from here? How long will you be in Bton? When will ryan be finished. You are a superstar!

Anonymous said...

Juls, we never doubted you! You're awesome and we love you. L & J