Sunday, June 24, 2007

Junk Food Weekend

Yes, this is our kitchen counter and yes it is full of horrible, awful, unfortunately tasty JUNK FOOD. About once a year my husband and I try to find one weekend where we can watch a ton of movies, sleep-in, and eat loads of junk food that we normally don't eat on a regular bases. In truth "Junk Food Weekend" is a glorified sleepy over - pajamas and all.

We look forward to it after a long school year and make lists of all the trans-fatty, calorie bloating, tested on animals food we can eat (well not the tested on animals part). After the shopping is over we put on the pj's and try not to leave the house for two or three days (except for church). We spend our time being slothful and gluttonous. We have done this for 3 years running and we'll continue to keep this a family tradition.

Now at 3:30 pm on Sunday I am sick of all the sugar, chips, and jalepeno poppers and ready for my 7-8 mile run tomorrow and another year of healthy eating (well mostly healthy). Yay for family sleepovers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great idea! I may steal it!

Love.

Merk Kids said...

That sounds like a fun weekend. I am also trying to get a hold of your email to invite you to view the kids' blog that we made. Could you give that to me when you have a chance.

Thanks-
Tina

Bridget Beth said...

Oh my goodness I need one of those!

Natasha said...

Baked Lays? come-on! What is up with BAKED lays? What about the greazy regular lays?

I wish we could have been there to celebrate the end of a long year with you! I am going to make greg take up the tradition with me!

does it really count if I already live in my PJ's everyday?

Juliana said...

Natasha...I look forward to this weekend every year! And it doesn't matter what you wear. If your blinds are closed put on a shower curtain and socks -- who cares. Although Greg may get a little worried (and so would I). I love french onion dip but if I use the greasy regular lays the combo is too salty so I go with baked lays for a tastey balance!

Monica said...

I'm coming over! Except I would bring Oreos, peanut butter M&Ms, pizza rolls, cheddar sun chips, McDonald fries, order out thai,ranch corn nuts, red licorice and a wonka bar with the golden ticket :)!

Juliana said...

Monica - I definately love all your choices!!! I will need to remember them for next time.