Friday, June 29, 2007

Break out the desitin because I have a rash!

It was only a week ago while I was jogging with my running partner that she informed me of some type of lubricant that runner's use to prevent a rash from chaffing skin. We laughed and kept running. Well I am not laughing now! My thighs have a nice rosy complexion and burned in the shower as the water hit my skin - Yowch! This rash has been brought on by several things: what I was wearing, the shoes on my feet, and the trail that we ran.

Originally I thought "When I get up to 10 miles I will probably need better running gear." I have wanted better running stuff like shorts, tanks, and new shoes (that are specifically designed for running) but have shied away from that thought because it is costly and I didn't think it mattered. Well it matters and now I have a valid excuse to through away my cotton gear and buy some nice running stuff!

7 comments:

Bridget Beth said...

There's some really cute running stuff at Target! I just saw it yesterday. Little lotus blossoms on the side of the shorts and bottom left of the tanks. two toned aqua and two toned pink. VERY Cute and affordable :)

Juliana said...

Thank you I will definately head over there.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I shy away from buying all the fancy gear too, but some of it DOES make a difference (for me, biking, not running - I don't know how you do it.) That rash doesn't sound pleasant at all, so I think you are totally justified. Cotton is NOT fun when you're exercising for long periods and getting all sweaty. After much coersion from the hubby, I caved and bought myself some cool Under Armour that makes ALL the difference when I'm biking. Have fun shopping! :) Love.

Amelia Bedelia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amelia Bedelia said...

Sorry, I had to delete my previous post because I realized I had seriously misspelled some words. But I’d love to see you this next week!! I’ll be gone Tues and Wed but I’ll be at the Q. the rest of the days from 5pm -10pm. PLEASE, come stop by!!

Natasha said...

HURRAH for a shopping trip! And new shoes of any sort are a good thing!

Ola said...

Oh Juliana... Just suck it up... :)